Strategic branding for retailers has become increasingly complex. Not only do brands need to differentiate their products, their narratives must compel prospective customers to purchase whether they’re online or in a brick and mortar store. And with 71% of shoppers indicating that a strong presence both in stores and online equates to success, brands and retailers can’t afford to let in-store experiences lag behind online advancements.
2020 proved how important digital strategy and integrated marketing was for customer retention. To capture revenue going forward, retailers must:
- Innovate their digital experiences to lure customers back time and again
- Align products to relevant social and environmental causes
- Drive, or participate in, conversations across an increasingly fragmented digital ecosystem
- React quickly to changing consumer needs and trends
- Establish and communicate brand positions that resonate with buyers and encourage repeat purchases