Sustaining Solidarity: A D&I Webinar
Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity in 2020
2020 has shown just how much the world can change in a few months. Those changes aren’t experienced universally across race, gender, ethnicity, and other minority groups. Marginalized groups face new, different challenges as we remain remote and adjust to a new work-life reality. For members of the DEI community, it’s more important than ever before to maintain momentum as allies and members of the LGBTQ+ community continues to work toward equity and equality.
This session will start with a brief overview of health equity from the American Cancer Society. Then, join leaders from across different career and life backgrounds, each a specialist in their field, as we hold an open conversation about recent progress in diversity and inclusion, and how both businesses and individuals can continue to sustain the solidarity we’ve experienced over the past 5 months to drive towards equity.
Connect With Our Speakers
- Moderator: Mousumi Behari, Digital Strategy Practice Lead at Avionos
- Featured Speaker: Emily Hall, Illinois Grassroots Manager for the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
- Panelist: Zara Espinoza, Chicago Lead, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Programs at Out In Tech
- Panelist: Tim Sydlo, Manager, Global Compensation, HRIS and Payroll at Gogo
- Panelist: Corey Flournoy, Global Head of Inclusion and Diversity at Groupon
- Panelist: Colleen Egan, President & CEO at Illinois Science and Technology Coalition