B2B Suppliers Must Embrace Ongoing Digital Change to Stay Competitive
Download the 2021 B2B Buyer Report
B2B buyers matured rapidly during the 2020 pandemic, packing years of digital transformation into a few short months. To understand the scope of this change and what it means for B2B suppliers going forward, we’ve surveyed buyers across manufacturing, financial services, and consumer packaged goods. We found that buyers’ digital transformations heightened their expectations for digital experiences and changed their needs. That means there are no more excuses: B2B suppliers must embrace and sustain ongoing digital change if they want to stay competitive in the future.
- B2B Buyers will pay a premium for great eCommerce experiences. 87% of buyers would pay more for a supplier with an excellent eCommerce portal.
- Finding updated product information is a struggle. 48% of buyers said finding up-to-date product or service information was a top challenge when researching purchases, up from 19% in 2020.
- B2B suppliers’ technology doesn’t always integrate well. 42% of buyers said difficulty integrating suppliers’ tech solutions with their own solutions was a top pain point
- B2B companies should prepare for ongoing change. 68% of buyers strongly agree that B2B companies must become more comfortable with change to thrive in the post-pandemic era.
- B2B buyers will change suppliers for a better experience. 90% of B2B buyers would turn to a competitor if a supplier’s digital channel couldn’t keep up with their needs.