Location: Chicago, IL
Avionos is the digital services and solutions firm that delivers innovative connected customer experiences. Pioneering some of the leading cloud technologies in content, commerce and CRM, Avionos delivers business outcomes and digital experiences for global clients using a Rapid Innovation approach. By rethinking the customer experience, Avionos has helped brands like Kellogg’s, US Cellular, Sysco Foods and FleetPride make a positive impact on brand and revenue growth.
Employer Value Proposition:
Our employer value proposition sits at the core of our foundation. We know talent drives our success and our employees are the cornerstone for growth. We encompass the multi-faceted elements of employment to create a transformational career experience that allows you to:
- Take ownership of your career path now
- Impact an organization and market
- Be recognized for your contributions
- Embark on a path to leadership
- Develop as an employee and a human being
Our vocation is to build a great company and change a market. Our philosophy for our employees is simple, be challenged on a daily basis and love the work you do. We foster a culture infused with innovation, collaboration, and community.
Statement of Interest
We are looking for Software Developers to design, develop, and deliver high quality web applications in a client facing environment and to contribute to building our internal practices.
- Work in the context of a client team to deliver high quality software which drives towards business outcomes
- Design and develop new software features
- Debug and maintain existing software capabilities
- Automate testing of software features
- Collaborate with client stakeholders and team members
- Identify opportunities for improvement on client and internal projects and initiatives
- Grow client relationships through quality of delivery, consultative expertise, and just being a good person who cares
- Bring experience back to the business to refine our practices
- Take ownership of a project and the success of the team
- Engage on internal initiatives such as our innovation group projects
- 2+ years’ experience in software development, ideally web application development
- A distaste for “that’s the way we’ve always done it” being the reason why
- Understanding of the detrimental effects of multitasking and a tenancy to avoid it when possible
- Experience with web development in Java
- A proclivity towards chasing shiny objects respectfully far down relevant rabbit holes and ability to learn something applicable in the process
- 20% travel flexibility – more or less depending on project; candidate should be comfortable with travel and overtime as client commitment requires.