Did you know April 22, 2020 is the 50th annual Earth Day? Some choose to celebrate by planting a tree or choosing reusable materials, but there are many steps you can take each and every day to show our planet some love. After all, our planet has given us so much to be grateful for- from the birds that chirp in the morning to the trees that give us oxygen.
In our office, we try to be as eco-friendly as possible. Here are some examples of how we do it:
- Minimize one-time use products. We like to keep supplies in the office that aren’t thrown away after one use. For example, we keep community mugs in the office instead of using paper coffee cups that are thrown away the same day they’re used.
- Create our water. Our Chicago office has its very own Bevi machine, which crafts our favorite sparkling or flat flavored or plain water in whatever reusable bottle we choose.
- Eliminate plastic bottles. You won’t find any disposable plastic water bottles in our offices. Instead, we have water refill stations throughout the office.
- Use fewer containers and bags. We don’t like to be wasteful, so we have community snack jars in the kitchen.
- Go digital. It should come as no surprise that we prefer to keep things digital, which means going paperless as much as possible. Plus, we only have one printer in the entire office that can be used.
- Bring smiles through office plants. Our windows are filled with tiny office plants that we take care of each day. They may be small, but they bring each of us a little joy every time we see them.
- Recycle coffee products. At Avionos, we love our coffee, but using Keurigs can be wasteful, so we created a k-cup recycling program in the office.
- Buy recycled products. All of our office supplies are made from recycled products, which means we’re helping to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Use recycling bins. Wherever you are in the office, you’re sure to be close to a recycling bin. We do our best to use them as much as possible.
Of course, there is no “right way” to create a more green workspace. Even the smallest actions help lead to big benefits for our planet and its future.
How do you choose to go green for Earth Day?